What is a Certification Program?
A certification program is designed for students who are interested in broadening their musical knowledge and pursuing the highest levels of musical achievement. Our program offers six levels with a variety of options to fit the needs of each student.
What are the benefits of participating in the Certification Program?
Students will have the opportunity to expand their repertoire and performance experience, and master fundamental skills in music theory, ear training, and music history beyond the level covered in their private lesson. Additional benefits:
- Provides a structured approach to musical learning
- Provides an opportunity to set specific musical goals
- Encourages students to expand their musical abilities
What requirements are involved?
Requirements vary by age, level of ability, and instrument/voice. Students who participate in the Certification Program will be required to work on two areas of concentration:
- Performance skills – including specific scales/exercises, repertoire, and graded performance
- Fundamental skills – including music theory, ear training, history, and listening assignments
How does it work?
- Students who wish to participate in the Certification Program will be asked to complete a Certification Registration form. There is no cost to sign up for the program. There are fees to complete the evaluation at each Certification level (see below).
- The Department Chair will review the registration with the student’s private teacher and determine the appropriate placement level.
- The student will work closely with their instructor to complete each requirement for their Certification level.
- When the student has completed those requirements, the instructor will inform the Department Chair and the student will be asked to complete a Certification Evaluation request form. Coming soon.The fees for the evaluation:
- Levels 1-3: $50 fee (payment required on the Certification Evaluation form)
- Levels 4-6: $75 fee (payment required on the Certification Evaluation form)
- After a successful evaluation, the student will receive a Certificate of Achievement and will be advanced to the next level.
Ready to sign up?
- Please speak to your private teacher about whether or not this program is a good fit for you or your child. If you decide to move forward with the Certification program, please complete the Certification Registration form and we will contact you with additional information.